Senior Administrator – Real Estate Under the supervision of a senior team member the successful candidate will be expected to work independently, acting as the primary day to day contact to deliver a range of corporate administration services to a varied portfolio of real estate clients and related entities.
• Manage .
• Administer and have oversight on a number of real estate clients and their transactional activity.
• Managing the formation and ongoing administration of a portfolio of complex real estate structures.
• Liaising with clients and third parties such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and investment managers as required.
• Transaction management, including organizing and attending client meetings as required, drafting minutes and resolutions, attending to statutory filings in accordance with applicable deadlines, maintaining statutory records and coordinating of the timely signing of documentation.
• Attending to real estate specific tasks such as undertaking administrative reviews of property specific documents and involvement with the coordination of UK tax filings (VAT, NRL, CIS etc).
• Processing of bank payments, reconciliation of payment logs and approvals.
• Production and circulation of invoices, fee collection and chasing debtors.
• Supervise and assist in training of Trainee Administrators and Administrators and provide feedback and identify any additional training needs to your direct manager.
• Absolute devotion to data integrity with attention to detail in all activity, with particular focus on utilising the systems to their maximum potential to drive efficiency and client service.
• Supporting the Ogier Best Way' ethos across the team through rigorous process analysis to drive alignment and consistency.
• Take a lead on some operational procedures to identify improvements and efficiencies.
• Monitoring of WIP and billing in accordance with fee agreements and undertaking fee reviews where necessary.
• Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures, including those related to the prevention of anti-money laundering and terrorist financing, reporting of suspicious activity or transactions, client due diligence and record keeping.
• Undertake any project work as required, undertaking initiatives identified and designated from time to time by your direct Manager.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
• 4-6 years’ relevant experience in the finance industry preferred.
• Strong academic background, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred. Working towards or holding a professional qualification such as ICSA.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong working knowledge of real estate specific structures, an understanding of real estate specific UK taxation, and sound accounting fundamentals
• Strong working knowledge of Viewpoint would be an advantage.
• Working knowledge of the MS Office package (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Good understanding of the applicable statutory laws and other related legal and regulatory requirements, including anti-money laundering regulations.
• Responsive and client focused with strong organisational skills and attention to detail. Ability to deal with tasks independently and use own initiative.
• Ability to provide training/mentoring to junior members of the team.
• Must be committed and driven to achieving excellence for themselves, their clients and their team.
Ogier actively supports the professional development of individuals who are in the pursuit of excellence in their field. If you have the determination to work hard and put in extra hours as and when is necessary to get the job done, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your career in an exciting, fast growing and rewarding environment.
About Ogier Ogier provides legal advice on BVI, Cayman, Guernsey, Jersey and Luxembourg law. Our network of locations also includes Hong Kong, London, Shanghai and Tokyo. Legal services for the corporate and financial sectors form the core of our business, principally in the areas of banking and finance, corporate and commercial, investment funds, dispute resolution, private equity and private wealth. We also have strong practices in the areas of employee benefits and incentives, employment law, regulatory, restructuring and insolvency and property. Ogier's corporate administration business, Ogier Global, incorporates and administers a wide variety of vehicles including public and private companies, partnerships and trusts. Ogier is based in 9 jurisdictions including BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Shanghai and Tokyo.