Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join their growing financial services firm.
You'll be part of a friendly, professional team providing accounting services to a range of private equity client entities, with a particular emphasis on bookkeeping and maintenance of accurate accounting records.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounting records in the client entity database (Viewpoint)
- Assisting with the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements including complex accounting work
- Preparing periodic reports, and net asset valuations
- Ensuring that you have a detailed understanding of the transactions you are dealing with and liaising with your line manager as required
- Working with colleagues to ensure client expectations and accounting deadlines are properly managed
- Collaborating with client administration and other colleagues providing explanations, advice and accounting support as and when required
- Ensuring consistency of accounting service levels across all clients and deal swiftly with any identified issues
- Assisting with management of the audit process on selected clients ensuring agreed deadlines are adhered to
- Building trusted relationships with clients, auditors and third party service providers
- Be familiar with and act at all times in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures
- Showing an awareness of the integration of Corporate Services across jurisdictions and also with the law firm, operating in a unified, consistent and co-ordinated manner
The successful candidate must be a fully or part qualified accountant with experience in preparing financial statements & reports and have a good understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP.
You will have previous experience in a Funds service environment (particularly in Private Equity or Real Estate).
For more information on this role or to arrange an informal discussion, please give us a call.