This is an outstanding opportunity to join the Government of Jersey Modernisation and Digital division. You will be responsible for the day-to-day resolution of technical issues experienced across the organisation in the use of information and technology tools as part of achieving business outcomes. The Systems Technician will address the root cause of the issue and implement a solution that delivers resolution to the end-user
The post holder will be required to focus on protecting the integrity of systems and data by providing Field Services that manage systems change control incidents in a professional and customer focused manner, ensuring compliance with GoJ’s policies.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively across the wider team and closely with the Systems Technicians (Office) to ensure that the physical operating environments, assigned computer suites, communications and server rooms are maintained including control access and change control arrangements in accordance with GoJ’s policies and procedures. They will also plan, prioritise and implement work schedules as agreed in conjunction with the wider team.
Other key aspects of the role will be:
• Reviewing all hardware/software introduced to the organisation to ensure that it is fully operational and complies with relevant policies.
• Diagnosing errors / technical problems encountered and determine solutions to enable effective resolution.
• Record all processes in the resolution of technical issues as a knowledge source for future corrections.
• Ensure remediation of issues and all organisational procedures and protocols are followed to comply with relevant processes.
• Liaise with wider technical team and contribution to internal knowledge base to ensure best practice across the organisation.
You will need a good standard of educated and hold relevant technical qualifications e.g. ITIL or Microsoft certifications MCSE etc.