6 month Contract with potential to go permanent.
Our client is seeking an experienced individual to join the Compliance team in the role of Head of Conduct, Standards and Functions Oversight. You will lead on all aspects of Regulatory Conduct, advisory, risk management and control activity across Channel Islands and Isle of Man in respect of DBS & Global Functions. This will include providing advice and oversight to provide reasonable assurance that DBS & Global Functions are operating in line with all applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations within the Regulatory Conduct risk taxonomy to support the taking of steps to comply with the relevant RC and Global policies.
The role also has responsibility for the leadership of Regulatory Conduct (RC) including identification of relevant policy triggers, co-ordination of policy design and implementation approach and monitoring and implementing RC policies. You will collaborate closely with other UK based teams to ensure common standards are set. The role requires strong partnership with the business and leadership team. The role is responsible that RC risks that may arise within DBS & Global Functions are addressed appropriately. The Head of Conduct, Standards and Functions Oversight will provide opinion on the design and operating effectiveness of the associated first line control activities.
The successful candidate will have the below experience & skills:
- A thorough knowledge of the JFSC, GFSC and IOM FSA Handbook
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance risks
- Compliance experience gained either in a regulatory body and/or a major bank/insurance company/investment house
- Proven ability to interpret and give guidance on complex legal and regulatory issues
- Ability to make and implement compliance policy and make recommendations
- Relevant qualifications in line with the Compliance Training & Competency Scheme
For more information and an informal chat, please contact me.